Hello there. I am nOObish. I am simple.

This is a place for sharing innovations and conversations about simplifying. This site is (in itself) an experiment in simplifying, powered by the amazing Discourse open-source community forum platform.

The founding and current developers of Discourse practice and encourage the Open Source Culture (Vint Cerf refers to this as the “Geek Orthodoxy” :slight_smile: ), where personal responsibility and interpersonal integrity most often lead to a joyful and efficient learning environment and brilliant results.

Through this culture, Discourse has evolved to provide a powerful suite of features way beyond community forums.

Using this site as my laboratory I endeavor to push and pull and squeeze and stretch the Discourse platform to its limits.

For decades I have maintained hundreds of websites and blogs, and participated in tech-related community forums all across the web. This site collects and connects my public activities from all of those spaces. It’s my personal unified space for consolidating and streamlining my entire online ecosystem.

I am eager to simplify. I revisit, rework, and reinvent everything, continuously, in my mission to simplify techie stuff (and life in general), and to recognize and remove barriers for others. In this way I find the most compelling and rewarding opportunities (both human and business-related.)

Here I share my most noobish-button self, and just revel in the wonder of it all.

If you see some thing here that makes you want to connect with me, please do! You can always call or email me or we can start a new Group here for public or private discussion.

Testing… 1… 2… 3…

brainstorm

HOUSE RULES

I have one rule.…

The final and forever rule.

Other rules can change and may be negotiable, but not this one.

See also…

1 Like

Here are some of my other (and some clients’) websites…

1 Like

Throughout this site you will find Audio Posts like the one below…

While Discourse is natively designed and utilized as a platform for communities and forums, I use it (on this site and others I own) as a blogging platform as well.

As a developer and contributor to Ghost (a first-rate blogging platform), I found that Discourse (out of the box) currently suits my needs more completely.

I found that I kept wishing for features in Ghost that were already built into Discourse.

Removing or hiding features and components in Discourse is so much simpler (and immediate, with a just a little coding) than adding those same features in Ghost and more (since I am not an expert coder.)